Policies and Procedures
Last Update: October 28th, 2011
- Performance. Truth Technologies will use commercially reasonable efforts to update, augment and maintain the Content, as compiled from selected public records and other sources. Subscriber accepts all Content provided by Truth Technologies on a "AS IS" basis, with no warranty or guarantee as to the truth or accuracy of the Content.
- Support. Truth Technologies will offer e-mail support through the Sentinel Web site https://sentinel.truthtechnologies.com and https://cayman.TruthTechnologies.com. All support e-mails submitted during regular business hours will be answered within 1 business day.
- Interruption of Service.
- Scheduled Interruptions. Subscriber acknowledges that service may be temporarily interrupted or curtailed due to equipment modifications, upgrades, relocations, repairs and other similar activities during the operation and upgrade of Service. No reduction of payments will be made in the case of scheduled interruption of Service, provided such interruptions do not exceed 24 hours during any consecutive 30-day period, excluding planned weekend maintenance or regularly scheduled and/or planned Content updates.
- Data Source Update. Truth Technologies uses the following update schedule for data sources:
- 1. Monday - Friday: World-Check, OFAC, HMT, EU
- Force Majeure. Truth Technologies will not be liable for interruption or delays in transmission or errors or defects in transmission or failure to transmit when caused by acts of God, fire, water, riots, war, strikes, acts of Government, third party service providers, or any other causes beyond the control of Truth Technologies.
- Internet connectivity. Because Subscriber will access the Service over the public Internet, temporary disruptions of network connectivity will occur from time to time. Internet traffic is usually routed through many different Internet backbone providers on the way to its destination. Truth Technologies will not be liable for interruption or delays in transmission or errors or defects in transmission or failure to transmit when caused by any Internet backbone provider.
- Liability. In no event shall Truth Technologies be liable for any damages due to interruption of Service except a refund of paid subscription fees proportional to downtime.
- Audit. Subscriber understands and agrees that in order to ensure compliance with applicable law; Truth Technologies reserves the right to conduct periodic reviews of Subscriber's activity and may, on a random basis, contact Subscriber to provide documentation of executed searches. Truth Technologies shall also investigate all legitimate reports of abuse or misuse of the Service.
- Should a data breach occur Subscriber whose data was affected by the breach will be notified by Truth Technologies.
- Subscriber shall be notified of any legally binding request for disclosure of the Personal Data by a law enforcement authority unless otherwise prohibited, such as a prohibition under law to preserve the confidentiality of law enforcement investigation.
Safe Harbor Privacy Policies
Effective: January 1st, 2010
Last Update: October 31st, 2011
Truth Technologies complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Truth Technologies has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Truth Technologies' certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Truth Technologies values individual privacy and holds all personal information with which we are entrusted in strict compliance with the provisions of the seven principles of the Safe Harbor Framework relating to The European Commission's Directive on Data Protection, as defined by the U.S. Department of Commerce, in consultation with the European Commission.
How we use your information: Any personal information sent to us by our clients is used exclusively for the purposes and services for which we contracted. We do not share, transmit, rent or sell that information to any other parties.
We may collect personal information such as name, title, firm, address, e-mail address, phone number and other non-identifiable information from persons who have requested information from us or expressed interest in our products and services. This information may be provided electronically, over the Internet, physically or through a third party. Your personal information will be used by Truth Technologies exclusively for the purpose of providing and improving service to you, or informing you of additional products and services which we think will be of interest to you.
Other information gathered through this site is purely statistical, such as what Web pages are visited most often. This information is useful to Truth Technologies and enables us not only to improve and upgrade our Web site but also to refine our product lines and marketing. This information is anonymous in nature.
We do not collect sensitive information (e.g., personal information specifying medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or information specifying the sex life of the individual).
Questions or complaints may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you request information from us, you will be given the choice at that time to opt out of receiving future communications from us on information, products, or services that may be of interest to you.
If you have provided us with your personal information in the past, and you do not wish to receive further communications of information, products, or services from us, you can opt out by contacting us via mail or email at:
Truth Technologies, Inc.
1829 Greenplace Terrace
Rockville, MD 20850, USA
If you provide personal information to us as part of a service we provide to you or your organization, we do not share, transmit, rent or sell that information to any third parties.
Other than as described below, customer information provided to us as part of our business service is not disclosed, transmitted, shared, rented or sold to any third parties.
If you provide us with personal information in order to receive information from us, we do not disclose, transmit or share that information with any third parties, except third parties we have retained to assist us and who are working under our instructions, and then only for the purpose of alerting you to information, products, and services that may be of interest to you. Any third party with whom we may share personal information for these purposes must demonstrate that they also subscribe to the safe harbor principles or agree in writing that they provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the safe harbor principles.
Truth Technologies does not disclose, rent or sell personal information to any outside or third party organization for their commercial use.
You are welcome to contact Truth Technologies at any time to review the personal information about you that we hold. You may correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate. To access this information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Truth Technologies employs reasonable precautions within our company - including physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards - designed to help secure the privacy of all personal information we retain, and protect it from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Truth Technologies makes no effort to update, clean-up or otherwise alter any data it receives. We accept all information and record it received, regardless of state.
Truth Technologies' participates in a SAS-70 audit of our security policies and procedures. As part of this independent accounting firm audit we re-examine all aspects of our operations to ensure strict adherence with the seven Safe Harbor principles.
Truth Technologies' is committed to make every attempt to resolve any complaints in a timely manner. Please contact Truth Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org with any complaints for immediate attention. Should there be an unresolved complaint, Truth Technologies has opted to agree to arbitration by European Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and will cooperate and comply with decisions made by the DPA panel.
Truth Technologies, Inc.
Attn: David Olenzak
1829 Greenplace Terrace
Rockville, MD 20850, USA